I’ve bought something faulty, unsafe, damaged or doesn’t match the advertising
- When you buy goods or services, those goods or services must meet certain standards called ‘guarantees’ under the Australian Consumer Law.
- Use this template letter if you purchased defective goods or services and you want a refund or replacement from the trader.
- This fact sheet should be read in conjunction with our factsheet entitled Taking your matter to VCAT.
Click here to download our sample letter: Defective good & services.
Information about your consumer rights can be found on the Consumer Affairs Victoria website:
- Refunds, repairs and replacements
- problems with a product (consumer guarantees)
- problems with a service (consumer guarantees)
Information about your consumer rights can be found on the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission website:
Warning: This fact sheet is for information only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. This information applies only in Victoria, Australia and was updated on 6 June 2017.