Consumer Action provides free legal advice to Victorians with fair trading or consumer finance problems by email and over the phone. Priority is given to Victorians who may face challenges because they are:
- Living on Centrelink payments or a low income.
- Facing family violence or relationship breakdown.
- Living with a disability or significant health problems.
- Experiencing homelessness, or are at risk of homelessness or geographic isolation – living in rural or regional areas.
- Facing marginalisation due to age, gender, sexuality, race or cultural background.
- Are in custody, detention or involuntary psychiatric settings.
If this doesn’t describe you, consider contacting Consumer Affairs Victoria for fair trading information, and to discover other services better suited to helping you. Check out their Where To Get Help page or call 1300 55 81 81.